1st Journal Article Review Assignment
How To Locate a Professional Journal
1. You may want to choose an article that parallels the topics we are currently covering in class, but you do not have to.
2. At the top of your paper (after your name.; before you start writing), give the reference, EXACTLY in APA style (example below), for the article you chose. Notice that the journal title and volume number are in italics. (DOUBLE SPACE THE REFERENCE)
Grady, J. S., Her, M., Moreno, G., Perez, C., & Yelinek, J. (2019). Emotions in storybooks: A comparison of storybooks that represent ethnic and racial groups in the United States. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 8(3), 207–217. https://doi.org/10.1037/ppm0000185
If a journal article has a DOI, include the DOI in the reference.
3. From the introduction—What is the general topic that this paper is addressing? Why did they do the study? What is the purpose of the research described in this paper? What is/are the author(s) hypothesis/hypotheses?
4. Briefly describe the methods used to collect the data. Who were the participants? How many?What did they have to do in this study? What were the measures that were collected?
5. In general, what were the results of the study? (you don’t have to use numbers or describe the statistics) For example, did one group score differently than another group on a measure? Or was there a relationship between two or more variables?
6. What is/are the major conclusions(s) drawn by the author(s)? What do the results mean for the “real world”/ how do they apply to you and me? This should be more than one sentence…give me a paragraph on this.
7. DO NOT USE QUOTATIONS IN YOUR REPORT. You are to paraphrase the article, putting the report into your own words. Using words occasionally from the article is not quoting and is sometimes necessary. No “cut and paste” is allowed in the paper. You may cut and paste your reference but need to check its accuracy.
Your name here
Grady, J. S., Her, M., Moreno, G., Perez, C., & Yelinek, J. (2019). Emotions in
storybooks: A comparison of storybooks that represent ethnic and racial groups in
the United States. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 8(3), 207–217.
Now write your paper. It can be 2-3 pages.