Examity Resources for Students
Examity is a remote proctoring service used by many instructors to ensure exam integrity and security.
To find out if your instructor uses Examity, check your syllabus, D2L course shell, or ask your instructor.
Prepare For Your Session
- Check that your computer meets the system requirements by doing a System Check.
- Make sure you are in a quite private space to take your test. Clear papers, books, electronic devices, and other items off your desk.
- Have your valid government-issued ID is required, such as a driver’s license or passport, ready to go. If you do not have a valid photo ID, let your instructor know and a note can be put in your profile to allow for another type of photo ID, such as a school ID.
Starting your Session
The average wait time to be connected to a proctor is two minutes.
If you wait longer than two minutes contact Examity technical support via the live Chat feature or call them for help. The Live Chat feature can be found when you log in, on the lower right bottom of the page, “Chat with an Expert.”
What to Expect when you Connect with YOUR Proctor
- The proctor needs to ensure that your computer requirements are satisfactory, including audio, stable internet connectivity, and screensharing capabilities. The average time is five minutes.
- The proctor will also ask to scan the area for any books, notes, cell phone, additional computer monitors or computer/tablets. Make sure that your desk area is clear. Average time to complete the authentication process: 7 minutes.
- Also, the proctor may ask you to close doors or windows to decrease potential distractions or noise.
Automated Proctoring Resource Center
Privacy and Security