In order to get the most out of a tutoring session, you should be prepared to actively participate and contribute to the tutoring session. Review these tips for a successful tutoring session and connect with us!
- Have all necessary class items such as your textbook, notes, assignment sheet, handouts, calculator, etc. available for your session.
- Come prepared to work. Complete your assignment to the best of your ability before your session and write down specific questions to ask during the tutoring session.
- Visit early, don’t wait until the last minute. Tutors can assist you from day one.
- Visit often. Students who spend more time with tutors tend to have higher GPAs.
- Meet with a tutor when you have time to focus and be an active participant in the session. Limit distractions. Turn off your cell phone. Find a quiet space.
- Keep in mind that many of our tutors cover multiple subjects and courses. They may need to brush up on specific topics to offer the best tutoring. If scheduling an appointment, please include a comment with the topic you would like to discuss so they can be prepared to help.