In order to get the most out of a tutoring session, you should be prepared to actively participate and contribute to the tutoring session. Review these tips for a successful tutoring session and connect with us!
- Have all necessary class items such as your textbook, notes, assignment sheet, handouts, calculator, etc. available for your session.
- Come prepared to work. Complete your assignment to the best of your ability before your session and write down specific questions to ask during the tutoring session.
- Visit early, don’t wait until the last minute. Tutors can assist you from day one.
- Visit often. Students who spend more time with tutors tend to have higher GPAs.
- Meet with a tutor when you have time to focus and be an active participant in the session. Limit distractions. Turn off your cell phone. Find a quiet space.