About the PC Loan Program
HACC’s PC LOAN PROGRAM
This program is for students who do not own a computer. Application forms are available online through HACCWeb. The student fills out the questions in the form and submits it online. After the start of the Fall or Spring semester a committee will choose who will receive a PC Loan. The President’s Office will send an award letter to the student through the hawkmail system. The letter instructs the student to contact the staff at their campus Library Circulation Desk. Library staff then have the student fill out a formal agreement form and set up an appointment for the student to pick up the PC.
The computers are not new and they are not laptops.
To be eligible for the PC Loan Program, students
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credits (4 credits for students in clinicals)
- Must be degree-seeking (diploma, certificate, or associate degree)
- Must maintain enrollment in at least 6 credits (4 credits for students in clinicals) during the Fall and Spring term until graduation
- Must apply for financial aid and demonstrate financial need as determined by Financial Aid Office
- Must maintain good academic standing with a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- The student cannot have a Financial Aid status of denied, suspended, or failed.
The student does have the option of contacting a counselor if they are having problems. If the PC is recalled, it should be returned to their campus IT department.