The ATI TEAS® was developed to evaluate the academic readiness of applicants to health career programs. In order to apply to the clinical portion for our dental hygiene, RN and LPN programs, HACC requires applicants to take the TEAS test. Refer to program websites for complete criteria and minimum scores required.
- Download basic TEAS information (pdf) - including the ATI Testing website, how to register; how long to wait before re-testing (at least 45 days - recommended) and how long scores are valid for (3 years).
Register to take the TEAS
HACC will begin offering on-campus (In-person) TEAS testing the week of August 16th. Seating is limited due to Covid protocols. Remote (Online) TEAS testing is also available.
- TEAS testing may be scheduled at ANY HACC campus or other location; taking a test at a campus does not indicate a preference for your clinical program location. Be sure to have your TEAS score sent to HACC.
- Choose a testing session at a date and time that works best for your schedule. Keep in mind the following as you register for a testing session:
- It does not affect the campus you select when you apply for clinicals.
- You are required do a "dry run" sample test 24 hours before your actual scheduled test.
- Schedule your test at least 48 hours in advance (ATI will send an email receipt)
- You will receive a confirmation email from HACC 1-2 days prior to you testing date with important test-day testing information.
- It doesn't matter which program (nursing/allied health) or campus you choose - the test is the same and the Composite/Percentage score will be the same regardless.
- New test dates will be added regularly - keep checking the ATI website and check Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster and York HACC locations. We are limited to how many dates are posted at a time. Dental Hygiene students also select "TEAS for Nursing" - it's the way ATI lists all HACC tests.
- If you take the test via a non-HACC "location" please have your scores sent to HACC.
Remote (Online) TEAS Testing
Who to Contact if you have TEAS questions or problems
- If you have TEAS technology problems or questions contact Elisa Cohen at HACC - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have TEAS refund questions please contact ATI.
Preparing for your TEAS Exam
- Attend a TEAS Information Session to…
- Review ATI TEAS test sections
- types of questions in each section
- time allowances per section
- Review test prep strategies and resources
- Learn test day strategies
- Click here for dates and information.
- Join a TEAS Study Group!
- If you plan to retest be sure to allow time (advisors suggest a month) to study the areas you need to improve in before you retake the test.
- Check out the TEAS study material ebooks from the library!
Dental Hygiene and Nursing Program Admission Criteria