Peer tutors are responsible for providing tutoring to students in discipline(s), as assigned.
- Facilitate one-on-one and group tutorial sessions tailored to meet student needs for content and learning styles.
- Maintain accurate records of student contacts.
- Participate in tutor training sessions.
- Participate in projects as assigned, including class visits and promotions.
- Grade of A or B in course(s) tutored.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 higher
- Recommendations from two (2) faculty members.
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits at HACC.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule of hours including days, evenings, and weekends.